Please be aware that due to the current challenges and guidelines brought about by Covid-19, these clinics will be run very differently this year.
There will be a one way queue system, entering through the front door of the practice and exiting next to Lloyds pharmacy. We hope to have this queue moving as quickly as possible.
Staff will be checking your details whilst in the queue. On entering the building you will be asked to wear a facemask, remove coats/jumpers etc and expose your preferred arm for vaccination, so that your whole arm up to the top of the shoulder is exposed.
You will then very quickly be directed to a Clinician’s room, receive the vaccination and exit immediately, following the exit signs.
There will be plenty of staff available to help with this process.
Please cancel your appointment and do not come to the practice if you have the following:
- If you are unwell with an acute illness such as cold/cough/fever.
- If you develop symptoms of fever T>37.5, new cough, loss of taste and smell.
- If you have an allergy to egg so that you do not eat eggs/cakes/biscuits etc.
- If you have had a serious reaction in the past to the Flu vaccine.
You can have mild side effects following the Flu vaccine. These include:
- Swelling or redness at the injection site
- Low grade fever
- Headache, muscle and joint aches
These symptoms usually disappear within 1 to 2 days without treatment.